About the Client
With a strong AU presence, our client is a multinational mining company with a well-established asset portfolio. Due to growth, they are now looking for a proactive and operations focused accountant with a background in either mining or projects to join their down to earth team in central QLD.
About the role
Based in town, this role would require you to relocate to Central QLD and see you overseeing the day to day finance management of their operating mine. Working closely with the commercial manager and the Brisbane based finance team, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:-
- End of month and end of financial year including JV reporting, operations and KPI analysis
- Maintain and report on assets
- Statutory and statistic reporting
- Preparation and review of budgets and forecasts
- BAS/GST/ FBT preparation
- Project evaluation
- Process improvement and ad hoc projects
Willing to relocate to Central QLD, you will be CA/CPA (or studying towards), you will be technically competent and demonstrate previous experience in either a project or mine based finance role. You will also demonstrate:
- Solid excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with demonstrated success in dealing with non- finance people
- Proactive and down to earth with a "can-do" attitude
Whats on offer?
This is a great opportunity for an Accountant looking to ditch the hustle of the city and move into the country! A broad and challenging role, you will have ownership and the opportunity to drive process improvements while dealing with the leadership team. A generous salary and benefits is also on offer.
If you meet the criteria APPLY NOW or call Rachael Bates at people2people on 07 3118 0125 for a confidential discussion.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Rachael Bates on +61731180125
( SK92366A )