Are you passionate about working with NSW Government? Do you feel your Media and Communication skills are exceptional? Are you able to commence soon for an initial three month period and then possibly longer?
We are looking for a Senior Media Advisor who can support the media team. The Senior Media Advisor is responsible for the design and implementation of communications and engagement strategies to support the Department's strategy, policy and planning programs. Your expertise in areas such as social Media writer, with a focus on attention to detail and a strong sense of initiative to work for NSW Government.
The Senior Media Advisor responds to emerging urgent matters in a politically sensitive and high pressure environment. No day in this role will be the same, however general responsibilities include:
- Proven experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of communication strategies in the government sector (desirable)
- Preparation of digital and printed Communications materials and also working with graphic designers and video editors to produce materials.
- Being the primary point of contact for media enquiries as well as organising community engagement events.
- Assisting with PR for different events across the organisation and wider public
- Provide content for the website and social media pages, including seasonal specific messages
As the successful candidate you will be thick skinned, creative and highly self-motivated. You will also possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Journalism, PR or related field
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in creating and preparing media releases
- Knowledge of social media, print, radio and TV media
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management
As this role will deal with complex and contentious issues, with competing deadlines, you will be resilient, thick skinned and proactive in your approach. You will also possess exceptional written and communication skills with a high degree of creativity.
The unique nature of this role means you will be truly challenged day to day. If you are looking to make an observable and far reaching impact in your next role, do not delay your application!
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Francesca Arcuri on +61282709790
people2people Recruitment Pty Ltd recognises the value of diversity in its workplace. In particular, the Company recognises that the breadth of skills, knowledge and experience within organisations increases when it values and utilises the contribution of workplace participants with a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, ages, genders, perspectives and abilities.