The specialist government team here at people2people are working closely with the NSW Government to recruit an experienced Senior Design Manager for an exciting 4 months assignment with possibility of extension.
Key accountabilities include:
- Completion of design documentation packages across one or more assigned programs
- Lead design application of the new wayfinding system
- Provide high quality analysis and coordinate solid design solutions to sites and projects specifically issues with the wayfinding system.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the understanding of the wayfinding system.
- Represent the wayfinding program in internal and external forums, collaborative sessions during workshop and contribute effectively on governance groups and project outcomes.
- Develop and nurture collaborative working relationships with different project stakeholders to ensure that operations and customer's needs have been met.
- Develop and complete design documentation, reports, schedules and presentations as required
- Manage external and internal designers as necessary to achieve project deliverables
- Manage multiple work packages and deliverables concurrently, ensuring that deadlines are managed and met
- Provide design direction to and manage outputs of one or more Graphic Designers
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Providing effective design leadership on wayfinding and customer information issues.
- Providing high quality and timely responses aligned with business objectives and project demands
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of operational, technical and design stakeholders from across the project team and transport portfolio, and influencing them to achieve consistent and effective wayfinding solutions and customer outcomes
- Maintaining a flexible, problem-solving, results-oriented approach in a complex and dynamic operating environment
- Required to lead, support and interface with external designers and contractors depending on project demands
- Liaison with other government agencies, local councils and private land-owners may be required from time to time, depending on project demands
- Tertiary qualification within design or architecture and/or extensive relevant experience.
You will be a "stand-out" candidate! One who takes on projects with pride and enthusiasm and can transfer your passion to other stakeholders. Of course, you will need to have demonstrated ability and skill in planning, organisation, problem solving with energy to boot! Call Dee now for a further chat to learn more and see if you meet the brief on 02 8270 9761