about the client
With a strong AU presence, our client is a multinational mining company with a well-established asset portfolio. Due to growth, they are now looking for a proactive and operations focused accountant with a background in either mining or projects to join their down to earth team in central QLD.
about the role
Reporting to the Financial Controller and partnering closely with the Senior Leadership team at site and in corporate, this is a business critical role that will see you working with a strong commercial accounting focus.
- Coordination and preparation of the annual budget (5 year plan), partnering with Site and the leadership team
- Management of monthly rolling forecasts - including in depth analysis identifying opportunities and risk
- Treasury management including FX and price hedging
- Review of existing cashflow and cash call systems
- Oversee month end accounting including JV reports, performance and management reports
- Business operation and process improvements
CA/ CPA, you will have a background in the mining industry (essential) and experience driving the budgeting and forecasting process in a fast paced and multifaceted business. You will be self motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to partner with the business to ensure the accurate financial and performance reporting across the business; while providing in depth analysis and commentary to support decision making. You will be commercially focused with solid technical grounding. Advanced excel is essential for the role as is the ability to travel to site on a regular basis.
whats on offer?
This is a broad role that will see you taking an active role across the business and being instrumental in driving the business decision making. Being recruited with succession planning in mind, this role will be groomed to eventually take on the FC role. Based on experience, a generous salary package and benefits is on offer.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Rachael Bates on +61731180125
( SK92366A )