- The Company
- One of the largest government departments is looking for an experienced Senior Administrative Officer to join their team! Based in Sydney CBD, this temporary opportunity will run through till Dec 2017 with possible chance of extension after that.
In this versatile new role, your senior administration and project coordination skills will be crucial. You will provide expert support to the Senior Management and also assist with the administration of programs and projects within the department. You will use your initiative and attention to detail to identify issues with ongoing projects and be able to liaise across business units.
- Undertake a range of administration tasks including coordinating equipment and resource orders, distributing mail, preparing purchase orders and invoices, receipting items, managing and tracking records, maintaining asset registers, coordinating travel arrangements and monthly reporting.
- Act as a point of contact to refer enquiries and issues to more relevant officers in a professional manner exercising tact and discretion. Collate submissions and responses, reports, briefing notes, ministerial correspondence and advice, and presentations for approval by the supervisor, ensuring compliance with corporate and government requirements.
- Maintain administration, record and information systems and processes and identify areas for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness, making recommendations for improvement where required.
- Provide secretariat support to committees including organising and scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and briefing papers, and coordinating presentation materials and logistical requirements.
- Provide support and guidance to staff on administration policies and procedures including document control and management related to finance, human resources, fleet, procurement and Information Technology support to facilitate the delivery of operational activities.
- Provide administration support for fleet management including coordination of annual registration of vehicles, relevant fleet management submissions to the Service Centre, and data entry and maintenance of fleet management register information.
- Contribute to administration projects that support key business priorities.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in the provision of administration and business support services.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to interpret and apply government protocols and administration as well as policies, processes and procedures.
- Have an understanding and knowledge of the Government public administration processes, governance, protocols, and reporting requirements.
- Proven experience in a similar role - with in Government.
- Be able to work to project deadlines and KPIs
- Show intuitive, drive and the ability to act confidentially and with discretion
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience CM9 and SAP HR essential.
- Detailed understanding of project methods and tools, particularly as they relate to technical project delivery environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, share knowledge and work co-operatively to achieve outcomes and extensive experience with stakeholder engagement across a broad spectrum, from front line staff to senior level.
If this is the role for you, then please APPLY NOW!
people2people Recruitment Pty Ltd recognises the value of diversity in its workplace. In particular, the Company recognises that the breadth of skills, knowledge and experience within organisations increases when it values and utilises the contribution of workplace participants with a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, ages, genders, perspectives and abilities.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Priya Menon on +61282709761