About the Company
Established over 100 years ago, this diverse manufacturing company provides services to the construction, mining and infrastructure industries on a global scale. Based at their Australian Head Office, the team now require the expertise of an experienced Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator.
About the Role
Reporting to the Purchasing and Logistics Manager, the purpose of the role is to:
- Oversee quality control of suppliers while sourcing and purchasing goods
- Coordinate timely local and international delivery and ensure accurate invoicing of all products sold
- Provide Purchasing & Logistics support to all areas of the business
On a daily basis your key responsibilities will include:
- Researching and advising on appropriate suppliers
- Coordination of stock, services and products created by other departments
- Managing product delivery and quality of suppliers, including contract negotiations and performance feedback
- Creating and monitoring accuracy of shipping documents, invoices and records
- Liaise with internal and external providers to ensure timely deliveries
- Analyse and advise on purchasing and logistics efficiencies, reporting findings to corporate and other business areas
You will have a strong understanding of local and international freight logistics as well as purchasing experience, ideally in a manufacturing setting. Intermediate Excel and ERP System skills a must.