One of the largest government departments is looking for an experienced Project Officer to join their team! Based in Parramatta, this temporary opportunity will run through till March 2018 with possible chance of extension after that.
In this versatile new role, your senior administration and project coordination skills will be crucial. You will provide expert support to the Senior Management and also assist with the administration of programs and projects within the department. You will use your initiative and attention to detail to identify issues with ongoing projects and be able to liaise across business units.
- Provide a range of project management, secretariat and administrative support services, including preparation of reports and briefs, coordinating resources, maintaining project documentation and implementing and monitoring project plans, to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope, in line with established agency project management methodology
- Prepare and maintain project documentation for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to ensure accessibility of quality information and contribute to the achievement of project outcomes
- Communicate with key stakeholders and coordinate working groups, committees and consultations to facilitate exchange of information and support project completion in line with project plans
- Source, collate and compile data and information to identify emerging issues and track and report on project progress against established milestones and deliverable
- Undertake research and analysis, identifying trends and preparing project briefs, to support informed decision making and planning
Skills & Experience
- Have an understanding and knowledge of the Government public administration processes, governance, protocols, and reporting requirements.
- Proven experience in a similar role - with in Government.
- Be able to work to project deadlines and KPIs
- Show initiative, drive and the ability to act confidentially and with discretion
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in the following applications: MS Word, Excel, Power-point, MS Project
- Detailed understanding of project methods and tools, particularly as they relate to technical project delivery environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, share knowledge and work cooperatively to achieve outcomes and extensive experience with stakeholder engagement across a broad spectrum, from front line staff to senior level.
If this is the role for you, then please APPLY NOW!
people2people Recruitment Pty Ltd recognises the value of diversity in its workplace. In particular, the Company recognises that the breadth of skills, knowledge and experience within organisations increases when it values and utilises the contribution of workplace participants with a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, ages, genders, perspectives and abilities.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Priya Menon on +61282709761