The specialist government team here at people2people are working closely with the NSW Government to recruit an experienced Procurement Manager with solid experience in Contracts and Tenders, Stakeholder and team management for an exciting new 6 months temporary assignment!
Your overall responsibilities will include:
- Strategy development and managing the procurement process with tenders and contracts
- Prepare materials for a series of 'go to market' activities (RFT, RFI)
- Inviting, assessing, and award/recommend suppliers' tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Coordinating category teams and developing category plans
- Engage and develop business strategies for difference areas of the department and conducting statistical analyse
- Experience in managing complex commercial and contractual relationships with telecommunications and/or IT vendors, including review and analysis of supplier performance
- Experience exploring alternative commercial models and evaluating supplier contracts and service agreements
- Strong stakeholder management, interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Bachelor degree in Commerce/Business or Legal Disciplines will be highly regarded
The ideal candidate for this role will have had an experience working within a government department in procurement also involving coordinating team projects across the department. You will be able to demonstrate your highly attuned negotiation style and explain the evaluation process in making decisions.