about the company
This established not-for-profit entity with a national presence is a provider to the skilled trade sector and boast a highly successful workforce. With a strong reputation in the marketplace, they are currently seeking a Senior Sales Executive with a proven track record in B2B sales and a strong business development focus to join their leadership team to lead and grow the business development function, whilst strengthening existing client relationships
about the role
Reporting to the MD, this role will see you identify new business opportunities, drive revenue growth and coach and mentor the business development team to improve performance, whilst working closely with the recruitment and operational teams to achieve effective client outcomes.
- Lead, engage and develop the Business Development function to execute targeted sales activities that will build and maintain our client relationships. The role also has a responsibility to lead a collaborative culture internally.
- Annual Account Management: Generate a plan to grow our existing customer base allocating clear sales targets, account activities and delegated responsibility.
- Annual Sales Management: Create a plan to acquire new customers, aligned to strategic industry objectives, allocating clear sales targets, business development activities and delegated responsibility.
- Sales and Account Management plans will be developed in close partnership with the COO, Marketing and Recruitment Manager's, coordinating closely aligned operational and marketing initiatives to achieve revenue targets.
- Financial accountabilities: Ownership for planning, monitoring and regulating the financial performance of the Business Development Team to deliver on the objectives outlined in the annual sales plan, budget and forecast.
- Identification of new industry segments and potential target clients for Apprenticeship and Traineeship growth nationally, securing opportunities to merge, acquire or partner with other Group Training Organisations (GTO). Proactively identify and manage the national bid process for tenders and expressions of interest.
- Develop and promote Business Development collateral (e.g. case studies) in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Plan and report on sales and account performance, including annual placement targets for new and existing business, margins by category, actual to plan variance, and monitor and report on quality indicators and the impact on client satisfaction.
- Contribute to and compliance with policies and quality standards.
Looking for your next challenge you will have:
- Sales leadership experience with a strategic focus
- Extensive experience identifying and driving B2B sales with a new business development focus
- Previous experience leading and mentoring a team
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining industry networks and building key account relationships
- Solution orientated with strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proven experience in managing interstate accounts.
- Innovative approach
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
- Previous experience within manufacturing, mining, trades, civil or recruitment highly desirable.
If this role sounds like you, APPLY NOW or call Melanie Hammond at people2people on 07 3118 0125.