This company based close to Brisbane CBD is a successful and growing company with a forward thinking approach in a developing industry. They currently have the requirement for a Financial / Management Accountant to join their finance team. This role is an essential function within the business which will assist in operational and strategic decision making to improve growth and profitability.
About the role:
Reporting to the CFO you will be involved in a broad range of 'hands-on' duties both in the management and financial accounting areas, you will manage a portfolio of work. Across this portfolio, your duties will include:
- Work with department managers to set and review monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation and processing of monthly accounts including reconciliations
- Preparation of Audit workpapers
- Financial analysis
- Reconciliations, including inter company
- Overseeing the clerical functions
- Supporting a network of cost centres
To be successful in this role with must have the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience within Australia
- CPA / CA professional membership (or working towards)
- Effective analytical skills and the ability to assess problems, propose as well as implement solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of computer literacy and numerical data analysis skills
- Demonstrated time management and proven problem solving skills
- Ability to explain financials in "layman's terms"
- Solid Excel skills
- Strong team contributor but able to work independently with minimum supervision
Whats on offer?
Hate hiding behind excel and looking for something where you can get out into the business? This could be the role for you!
With a range of duties and responsibility for engaging with the departmental managers in the development of budgets and review of results, this is an excellent opportunity to have an impact on the results of a business and their success. Joining a small finance team in a growing business, you will take ownership of your role and get involved across multiple projects within a supportive team culture.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Rachael Bates on +61731180125
( SK92366A )