people2people are working closely with NSW Government who are seeking a Project Officer on a minimum 3 month contract in Parramatta, close to the station
The role will provide a full range of asset services to a group of sites and include delivery of capital works projects and all aspects of facilities management.
Generally, your responsibilities will:
- Manage the delivery of projects and oversee the maintenance programs for facilities to ensure projects and programs comply with Department's policies and legislative requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive project briefs for maintenance and constructions projects to deliver projects effectively.
- Conduct field investigations and inspections with external contractors and consultants for allocated building and maintenance projects to provide solutions to building and maintenance problems.
- Foster and maintain positive and effective relationships with clients, contractors and other stakeholders to ensure effective communication on all aspects of service delivery and issue management.
- Provide input into the preparation of annual service level agreements with Regional Directors to ensure the Branch has the required resources, budget and time frames to effectively deliver projects.
- Prepare and implement budgets for the allocation of specific maintenance projects, review financial performance against budgets, prepare variation, control and statistical reports and oversee the reconciliation of project expenditure to ensure the appropriate allocation of funding.
- Provide input in the preparation of a range of strategic and operational documents including briefing papers, ministerial correspondence, discussion papers, reports, submissions and responses to information requests to contribute to the effective operation of the department.
- Tertiary / Trade qualifications in building or relevant maintenance trades.
- Construction background in maintenance coordination/project management including knowledge and awareness of maintenance industry standards.
- Strong ability to manage contractors and identify and resolve problems between clients/contractors.
- Ability to conduct site visits including travel (up to 5 times per month which may involve an overnight stay - Departmental vehicle provided, accommodation/ reimbursed).
If you have extensive experience in Asset Management roles within Government then it will be highly considered.