To be successful in this busy role your resume will display experience as a legal secretary and preferably within commercial property, government and planning. You will have extensive skills in word, PowerPoint and outlook packages. It is important that you have skills in communication, both verbally and written. You will be client focused with an excellent phone manner and be able to assist others within your team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, your role includes providing legal support and secretarial services to lawyers in the planning team.
Key functions of your role include but are not limited to;
- Filing of documents and archiving.
- Management of diaries and emails for lawyers whom providing legal support and secretary functions towards.
- Managing timesheets for lawyers (if and when required).
- Preparation of electronic briefs, printed letters and client briefs.
- Scheduling of meetings and appointments both internally and with external matter stakeholders.
- Dictation and typing / preparation of documents.
- Mail Merges for the service of applications for review, amended plans and evidence.
- Drafting and preparation of various VCAT and panel applications as well as required documents.
- Opening of new files including performing conflict checks and company / directorship searches.
- Obtaining aerial and cadastral plans.
- Obtaining relevant planning policies and controls
- Preparing counsel briefs and tribunal folders.
- Preparing and managing daily hearing fees (VCAT).
- Follow up with trust money.
- Prepare relevant invoices and prepare correspondence (letters and emails) to clients.
- Prepare cost agreements.
Located in the CBD, this firm offers a fantastic platform for growth and development. You will have the opportunity to participate and contribute to operational iniatives that support this thriving legal practice.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Rachel Kidd on 03 9098 7430