This is not just your run of the mill secretary position! You will be supporting a principal who requires assistance in organising his practice. You can expect to monitor and report the progress of litigation matters. Your daily duties will vary and you can expect to be involved in the following duties:
- Dicta-typing, copy typing and amending of letters
- Producing and amending court documents and briefs for the Federal and Supreme courts
- Preparation of documents for clients and conference meetings
- Organising discovery documents
- Diary management
- Monitor the progress of files, ensuring key points are actioned
- Organising travel itineraries and booking flights
- Liaising with clients, barristers and solicitors
- Opening and closing files
- Monthly billing
To be successful...
You will be an experienced legal secretary who has an understanding of either IP or litigation practice groups. Additional skills and experience will include (but not be limited to) the following...
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Experience in transcribing and dictation using a digital system efficiently
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- A proven ability in Invoicing and billing
- Advanced skills in formatting and setting out documents
- Superior organisational and administration skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with an ability to speak to people at all levels
- Eye for detail and proof reading skills
- Familiar with electronic court databases and filing systems
Most importantly you will be a team player with a positive 'can do' attitude!
Located in the CBD, close to public transport and beautiful parks this specialised IP firm are market leaders in their field. They offer an enviable flexible working environment with future career progression opportunities.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Sian Taylor on 1300 338 546
( SK916725A )