about the client
This wonderful company with a national presence are currently seeking an experienced HR Advisor to join their organisation responsible for providing day to day generalist HR support across the business.
This varied contract role with a 5 month duration will see the successful candidate responsible for providing generalist support across the organisation, partnering with internal stakeholders providing HR advice whilst maintaining operational HR functions, resulting in a positive working environment for all.
about the role
Reporting to the HR Manager, this varied role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to utilise their broad generalist skills and understanding of contemporary HR procedures and practices in a professional work setting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and report on all staff training
- Coordinate, monitor and complete staff induction program and compliance
- Maintain all HR and L&D records
- Assist HR manager as required on tasks and projects
- Manage on boarding and recruitment activities
- Coordinate reference checks and employment agreements
- Prepare monthly and fortnightly payroll
- Assist with record keeping
- Assist and monitor HR and WHS compliance issues
- Undertake general HR and WHS administrative functions for group
- Provide advisory service on HR issues, workplace relations and WHS matters
- Assist in the drafting of necessary HR documents and contracts
- Develop and maintain HR & training calendar events
- Develop and maintain HR content for newsletters, forums and communication streams
- Coordinate staff incentive programs
Professionally presented and spoken, you have a relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and the ability to effectively manage all Human Resources aspects of the business on a day to day basis. With the ability to juggle conflicting priorities, you pride yourself on your ability to effectively communicate workplace information to others along with your ability to interpret legislation, regulation and awards, along with policy and procedures.
Highly systems literate, you have previously worked within a multisite environment and possess a strong process improvement focus. As a practical problem solver, you have the ability to adapt to new and emerging situations whilst interpreting the needs of others. If you are looking for a role which will see you working as a "true" generalist developing a strategic, creative and long-term vision, this is the role you have been waiting for!