Looking for an experienced Governance Officer in Parramatta on a 3 month assignment to develop and implement governance processes and procedures across the Governance and Reporting unit to ensure appropriate risk management and WHS reporting that are conducted and governed according to the strategies outlined in the Division's business and strategic plans.
You will have to:
- Collaborate with the Manager, Governance and Risk to ensure that the unit is kept apprised in a timely manner of the business operations and main issues facing the division and to ensure there is an effective relationship between management and staff.
- Monitor compliance with, key corporate policies, including corporate governance policies, identify and develop processes to increase the use of electronic document and records management system, risk management reporting and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the execution of, and monitor progress of, the Risk Register and Business Plans and identify and develop plans to manage the principal risks with respect to the division and its businesses.
- Provide input in the preparation of a range of strategic and operational documents including briefing papers, external agencies' submissions, internal and external reports, submissions and responses to information requests
- Ensure to develop good governance practices and strategies for continuously improving governance procedures and processes to support the achievement of the division's strategic plan.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties and responsibilities assigned by the Manager Governance and Risks and the Director Governance and reporting.
You must have:
- NSW Government experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in business or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of governance processes and procedures across relevant areas.
For more information please apply and the NSW Government team at people2people.
people2people Recruitment Pty Ltd recognises the value of diversity in its workplace. In particular, the Company recognises that the breadth of skills, knowledge and experience within organisations increases when it values and utilises the contribution of workplace participants with a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, ages, genders, perspectives and abilities.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Priya Menon on +61282709761