people2people is working closely with NSW Government to seek an experienced assistant Environment and Heritage Officer in Parramatta for 3 months contract with possible chance of extension!
You will be required to:
- Manage and coordinate heritage applications and environmental issues across the department including the provision of expert advice and guidance on requirements to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and government policy.
- Manage the development and delivery of training to staff on heritage approvals, government sustainability and waste strategies such as the Government Resource Efficiency Policy and the Waste Avoidance and Recovery Strategy to drive compliance and planning associated with environmental and heritage legislation and government policy.
- Develop and implement environmental and heritage policies, processes and procedures to drive compliance with environmental and heritage legislation and policy.
- Assist in the coordination and support of consultative processes by preparing background papers, taking notes during discussions and summarising outcomes of meetings and workshops.
- Develop and maintain communications on sustainability and environmental initiatives to drive awareness and support ongoing education of staff.
- Manage the engagement of external sources of advice regarding heritage and environmental issues including project scoping, procurement, engagement and performance management of contractors to ensure work delivered meets agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Monitor capital works projects to ensure compliance with relevant heritage legislation, identify areas of non-compliance and recommend strategies to ensure compliance with requirements.
You must have:
- Experience of working in NSW Government
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in heritage, environment or planning.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply heritage legislation and environmental legislation applicable to the NSW Government and ability to prepare guidelines and policy documents and experience in managing a heritage database