About the company
Inclusiv Education is a social enterprise of Save the Children, the world’s largest child focussed INGO. Working in partnership with INGO’s and a network of Technology partners their mission is to transform the lives of learners and excluded communities by increasing access to high quality education and training opportunity through Education Technology.
About the position
This is a newly created technology leadership position in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will lead Inclusiv Educations Product management, engineering and technology services. This position reports directly to the Managing Director of Inclusiv Education and will form an essential part of the leadership team. You will responsible for managing the product lifecycle from conception through to market launch, lead the product engineering team of international software development partners and ensure technology service levels are held to the highest quality standards. Inclusiv Education is a mature remote working environment and this role may principally be work from home with the candidate ideally being based in Adelaide or Melbourne. Post COVID-19, International travel will be required up to 20% to support the development and delivery of projects. This is an exciting and diverse role with an opportunity to demonstrate global leadership in the “EdTech for Development” space and directly contribute to social impact through education and training and can make a difference to thousands of children, teachers and parents’ education.
You will be required to
· Lead the product management from conception through to market launch, managing stakeholder engagement, define product roadmaps, development cycles and marketing material
· Manage the product development lifecycle from establishing standards and quality assurance through to managing the team of international software partners both internal and outsourced.
· Ensure IT service levels are maintained to a high standard and manage level 1, 2, 3 support for products.
· Develop strategic priorities for the company and be a public face for Inclusiv Education’s products and their global reputation as a leader for design and delivery of eLearning projects in the International Development sector.
· Work closely with senior management team to co-design new eLearning projects and, at times, deliver technology consulting services which meet the requirements of international development organisations and formal education providers, consistent with company mission and philosophy
· Manage the Product Management portfolio including defining new eLearning offerings, defining service partner agreements, manage relationships with eLearning service partners to assure positive client outcomes.
· A leader who builds confidence in your team, you provide clear direction and support and consensus building and inspire those around you.
· You display ability to build and maintain in depth relationships at all levels, building confidence with people in challenging technical and cross-cultural situations.
· Values alignment with the mission of International Development Organisations and a deep commitment to the potential of education together with business to effect positive change in the world
· Outstanding organisational skills, ability to manage high level priorities, make decisions and solve problems in an unstructured environment.
· Previous experience leading a team of international software engineers, with ability to delegate and manage workloads to meet tight deadlines.
· Recent product development experience including implementation, managing cloud hosting providers and fluent in PhP and MySQL
· Experience developing for Open Source licencing models and ideally, a professional working knowledge of Moodle learning management system and community ecosystem.
· mobile device deployment
· Multilingual would be highly regarded, not essential with preference for French and / or Spanish, Bangla, , Indonesian, Arabic..
· Post Graduate qualifications in Product Marketing, Education, Business, International studies or Information Technology.
What’s in it for me
You will be working closely with the world’s leading Child-based INGO and with EdTech industry veterans with demonstrated global success and have an opportunity to use your experience and skills to support Save the Children’s goal to give every child access to a quality basic education. Inclusiv Education believes in capacity building equality opportunity and values diversity in all its dealings. Offering their employees fantastic employee benefits including attractive salary package made up of base, superannuation, profit sharing options and supportive of flexible working arrangements including partial work from home and fractional work weeks.
How to apply
Applications will close Friday 10th of October by 12pm. To be considered for this position please apply by clicking the link and attaching a copy of your professional profile, if selected to progress your application you will be required to respond to the selection criteria. For a confidential conversation contact Peta Seaman at people2people on 08 8317 4801