This established and reputable accounting firm based in the inner south-east of Melbourne has a great culture and offers work / life balance. Due to growth, we are currently seeking a proactive, committed and enthusiastic bookkeeper to join the team. In this autonomous role working with clients, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with a range of clients to prepare basic BAS/IAS, annual reports and other tax documentation,
- Managing accounts payable and receivable,
- Working closely with Accountants to ensure consistency and clarity for clients,
- Working proactively and autonomously to ensure timely delivery of client and internal requirements,
- Providing timely and accurate reconciliation and reporting,
- Managing bookkeeping software for internal use to ensure current and up to date,
- Assisting clients to set up bookkeeping software, including ad hoc support as required,
- Liaising with external organisations such as the ATO, SRO and Centrelink,
- Assisting with Audit Insurance administration,
- Processing small scale payroll, including management of pay rates, conditions, PAYG, Superannuation and Payroll Tax, with training support,
- Preparing employment contracts and payroll documentation based on established templates.
- Bookkeeping experience, payroll not essential,
- Strong current working experience with Xero,
- A high level of attention to detail,
- A proactive, enthusiastic and committed approach.
You will be rewarded with:
- Flexible working hours and a great work / life balance,
- A friendly, supportive and professional team, in a great location,
- Opportunity to grow with the business and ongoing work.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Erin Devlin on 1300 338 546
( SK94542A )