about the client
Based in the Brisbane CBD and working closely with their JV partners, our client is a well established business undergoing consistent growth in a challenging industry.
about the role
Reporting through to the Senior Accountant and working closely with the FC and the CFO, this is a broad role that will see you working across the full finance function, further developing your skills across analysis, reporting and compliance within a complex business environment. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:-
- Preparation of monthly management and statutory financial statements
- Assist with compliance reporting
- Managing and processing month end journals including review of allocated general ledger accounts and the posting of relevant accruals and prepayments
- Reconciliation of allocated balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Support budgeting and forecasting process for both corporate and their assets
- Ad hoc projects as required
Degree qualified and either completed or close to completion of your CA/CPA, candidates from both commerce and mid-tier/ Big 4 practice will be considered. You will have an understanding of month end processes and the accounting standards. You will also demonstrate:-
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High intermediate excel skills
- A proactive approach and willingness to learn
- Experience in dealing with complex/ multi-site businesses
- Mining and/or Joint Venture experience is highly regarded
what's on offer?
- A broad role in a growing business
- Ongoing mentoring and development
- Friendly team culture
- CBD location
- For this role, a generous salary based on experience is on offer
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW or call Rachael Bates at people2people for a confidential discussion on 07 3118 0125.