Our client is a high profile mining company with their head office centrally located in Brisbane. Currently, they are seeking a Tax Specialist to join their professional team.
About the role
As the Tax Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the completion of all corporate income tax related compliance obligations, including Company Tax Returns and Tax Effect Accounting requirements for various legal entities.
- Assist with the completion of GST compliance obligations.
- Assist with the completion of Group compliance relating to FBT.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of process improvements across all areas of tax.
- Undertake technical research and respond to day-to-day questions from the business in relation to income tax, GST and transfer pricing.
- Undertake ad hoc tax technical research in relation to the general tax position of the group and identify tax law changes relevant to the group.
- Assist with contract reviews from a tax perspective.
- Assist with transaction and project related tax work.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Previous working experience in a similar role gained in one of the Big 4 or middle tier firms dealing with a complex organisation, or alternatively working in a commercial environment in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of taxation legislation
- A relevant tertiary qualification with either CA / CPA
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of analytical and problem solving abilities
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Jo Campbell on (07) 3118 0125.