people2people have partnered with an international freight forwarder who is highly regarded in a competitive market is looking to bring on board an experienced Risk and Compliance Officer to help mitigate risks and develop SOP's to drive compliance. They pride themselves on excellence in their service delivery to their wide range of clients.
Reporting to the Special Projects Manager and working closely with Branch Managers across Australia and NZ you will be responsible for the accurate compliance based on legislation, completion and roll out of risk assessments to minimize risk of injury / damages. Assisting with audit preparation to ensure each branch achieves 100 % pass rate. You will be updating and developing new SOP's for the business to help drive positive outcomes.
- Relevant tertiary business qualification essential coupled with experience gained in a similar role.
- Certificate in Internal Auditing and Risk Management Assurance is advantageous
- Previous experience / understanding in Transport / Logistics / Freight Forward industry will be highly beneficial
- Strong communication (verbal / written) and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Qualification in IATA Dangerous Goods Awareness & Acceptance / Biosecurity would be highly advantageous
- Current QLD driver's license
- Progressive organisation
- Newly created role where you will have the opportunity to provide input
- Strong supportive company culture
- Work with internal / external stakeholders to drive change
- Be part of the continuous improvement change
- Competitive salary package