- Surry Hills Location - Government
- 8 Month Temporary Assignment
- Possible Extension
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Our client is a government agency that plays an important role servicing the NSW community. With a workforce of over 20,000 offering services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you will be contributing to an important government function for the community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Technical Advisor is responsible for managing claims in compliance with NSW legislation, policies of SafeWork NSW including its Claims Management Model and in support of the goal to minimise the department's compensation premiums.
- Ensure that claims are managed in compliance with NSW legislation, policies of SafeWork NSW including its Claims Management Model and Model Litigant Policy.
- Encourage the use of best practice strategies by key operational managers to ensure active identification of suitable duties, case reviews and proactive communication.
- Conduct claims reviews with Commands and insurer (WPI and WID) identifying areas or strengths and weaknesses for best practice strategies.
- Manage relationships with all parties involved in a claim to ensure that services provided meet benchmarks and expectations.
- Liaise with the insurer in relation to changes in estimates and ensure that affected business units are informed in a timely manner.
- Maintain factual file notes and management information to ensure that they are maintained within legislative requirements.
- Attendance at Workers Compensation Commission, Informal Settlement Conferences and all other Court matters as required.
- Attend as required Injury Management Portfolio meeting with Commands to assist with best practice claims management and time effective resolution of claims where required.
- Obtain and maintain the requisite security clearances for this position
- Current C class drivers licence
- Strong injury claims management experience
- Ability to manage large caseloads in fast paced environment
- Experience with workers compensation and/or income protection claims
- Understanding of NSW legislation
- Ability to engage effectively with all stakeholders i.e. solicitors and appropriate staff
If this sounds like a role for you, DON"T DELAY, APPLY today. Any questions please call Leanne on 02 8270 9799