People2people are recruiting on behalf of a premium law firm who have a stellar reputation in Australia for their insight, innovation and agility to create success for their clients on a global stage.
This reputable law firm possess a strong history spanning close to 200 years and in that time have built an impressive reputation for their focus on innovation and technologies which create opportunities for their clients in a rapidly changing business landscape. Their lawyers are known for being world class who think big and do things differently.
Not only does this practice have an established practice here in Melbourne, they are well known across Australia and have strong partnering relationships throughout the Asia Pacific region and worldwide.
Due to the current Legal Assistant relocating interstate, an opportunity has arisen in their Mergers & Acquisitions team supporting two Partners.
This includes support to the Practice Group Leader who specialises in complex corporate and investment matters, both in Australia and internationally for over 25 years.
The other Partner this role will be supporting has worked on more than 100 transactions during his career with a combined value of over $50 billion. He has also recently been ranked as one of Australia's top 10 M&A deal makers.
Duties of this Legal Assistant position will include:
- Creating and formatting complex contracts, agreements and other legal documentation
- Extensive diary and travel arrangement - organising flights, cars accommodation, meetings
- Matter management and billing using CMS Aderant
- Weekly and monthly WIP updates and generating reports
- Due to supporting Practice Group Leader, there will also be HR duties involved which will require high confidentiality
To be considered for this Legal Assistant position, you must have:
- Proven legal support experience and confidence supporting up to Partner level
- Advanced document production skills particularly around version control, cross-referencing, TOC and formatting styles
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook to organise and manage contacts, email, diary activity, fee earner availability
- Advanced knowledge of CMS or other finance related software to manage expenses, matters, timesheets, client billing and reporting requirements
- Someone with a balanced and mature approach who can effectively communicate with all different levels of seniority and work in a confident and discrete way.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Up to $82,000 package plus additional week of bonus leave to be used each financial year
- A Scholarship for Individual Excellence Program
- Access to a mentoring program
- Excellent career paths for all support staff
- An industry-leading 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work practices for staff
- Access to leading industry and business training
- An opportunity to actively contribute to the broader community
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link on this page or contact Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433 for a confidential conversation