This Australian law firm is a mid-tier that is led by a diverse and progressive group of expert lawyers. They have been established for over 40 years and are currently over 80 strong.
They have grown substantially and continued to partner with clients in a range of sectors across the legal and commercial space.
An opportunity exists for a capable and experienced Legal Secretary to join the firm supporting a Partner in their Intellectual Property and Trademarks team on a part-time basis due to an opportunity for a job share.
This is available on a 3 or 4 day a week basis and is flexible on what days.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking instructions and completing tasks;
- Ensuring work is accurate and on time;
- File management;
- Dictaphone typing including correspondence and file notes;
- Diary management and control of deadlines;
- Client liaison;
- Online searches including; business name and company searches, etc;
- Filling trademark applications - IPA, IPONZ and WIPO;
- Filing and service of documents;
- Monthly billing using Affinity practice management system;
- Entering client data into Affinity; and
- General administrative tasks, such as photocopying, opening/closing files and binding documents.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Secretary or Legal Assistant with proven Intellectual Property and Trademarks experience to join this expanding team.
On a personal level, we are seeking someone who is self-motivated, has a professional telephone manner and is comfortable in dealing with clients and taking accurate instructions.
The successful candidate must have initiative, exceptional time management and communication skills, and attention-to-detail. A team player with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are a must.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Due to this being a job share with another experienced Legal Secretary, this is an excellent opportunity for a Legal Secretary who is currently working in IP and Trademarks on a full time basis to take on a part-time arrangement.
Parents looking to return to work part-time are encouraged to apply.
Salary on offer is up to $80,000 package which is the full-time equivalent.
If you have any questions prior to your application, please call AImee Burton on 03 9098 7433.
Otherwise, for immediate consideration please click on the appropriate link.