In this sensitive role, you will be undertaking assessments whilst providing advice, support and education to vulnerable children.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training concerning child protection, in particular child protection practice, policy, systems and procedures within the Department, when required.
- Gathering information, undertaking assessments and providing consistent and high quality advice, guidance and information to mandatory reporters with regard to students at risk of harm.
- Identifying and providing advice to mandatory reporters concerning response options for students and/or their families who are at risk of harm or in need of assistance.
- Providing advice to mandatory reporters and staff regarding cultural and child protection issues and also appropriate referral pathways for Aboriginal students and their families.
To be eligible for this role you must have:
- Working with Children Check required
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal Education policies.
- A thorough understanding of the legislative environment and associated business reform agendas.
- Prior experience in implementing business reforms
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for the role, click the appropriate link on this page or call Stephanie Borghgraef on 8270 9761 for a confidential discussion