We are recruiting a Legal Assistant on behalf of an award-winning global law firm, with a workforce of more than 7,000 staff across 50 offices worldwide. Their Melbourne office is approx. 250 strong and is known for being industry leaders, particularly in the finance, technology and innovation sectors.
They are very proud to be recognised externally and have previously been awarded 'Top 3 International Law Firms' and 'Best Law firms for Women'.
This is a traditional Legal Secretary position supporting a team of Lawyers up to partner level in Employment and Labour. They are a faced-paced team who have a strong focus on collaboration.
This team are recognised as one of the leading Employment practices in Australia and you'll, therefore, be joining a prestigious practice here in Melbourne.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Liaise with clients, filtering incoming calls, arranging client meetings and dealing with inquiries and requests
- Draft correspondence, prepare and amend documents
- File management, including opening and closing files, electronic and physical filing and scanning
- Conduct billing, including preparation of detailed bills and reporting
- Prepare and file court documents
- Diary management and maintaining a diary of hearings and reminders for court timetables
- Assist other Legal Assistants where necessary and provide back up as a buddy
Having experience in a law firm environment is not mandatory and we will be considering Personal Assistants and Secretaries who have proven experience in professional services for this opportunity.
On a personal level, we are seeking an administrative professional who is outgoing, friendly and is passionate about providing top-tier service. You must also be able to work within a collaborative team environment.
To be considered, we are looking for the below attributes:
- Proven PA/ secretarial experience in professional services firm
- Genuine interest and passion to work in a law firm environment
- Strong client and interpersonal liaison skills
- A self-starter who is able to work autonomously
- A flexible, collaborative and proactive approach
- Confident with MS Office
This is a unique opportunity for a Personal Assistant/ Secretary who is looking to translate their experience into a global law firm who have been previously awarded 'Top 3 International Law Firms' and 'Best Law Firms for Women'.
Salary is up to $75,000 package plus impressive benefits.
If this opportunity is of interest, please don't hesitate to apply above on the appropriate link. Should you have any questions, please call Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433