Located in Melbourne CBD, our client is an international law firm with offices throughout Australian and Asia. They have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019.
As an industry leader, this global law firm prides themselves on equipping their people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future.
This is an opportunity to step into a top tier law firm where you can work alongside some of the most reputable lawyers in Australia and enjoy a supportive company culture of collaboration, innovation and inspiring others with a commitment to your career development.
The firm is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant / Legal Secretary to join their Disputes & Investigations team in Melbourne. As a Legal Assistant, you will be working alongside top calibre legal operatives, from graduates to partners.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Provision of practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients, including a partner and a team of lawyers
- Diary, travel and expense management
- Billing and client reporting
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner
- Preparing and amending legal correspondence and court documentation
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a legal secretarial role
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Opportunity to work within a prestigious top tier law firm in an outgoing and proactive team. Salary on offer is up to $80,000 package.
Other benefits include:
- Discounted product and services
- Gym membership
- Charity matched funding programs
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Fantastic professional development opportunities
For immediate consideration, please submit your application on the appropriate link. If you have any questions, please call Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433