You will be leading a national team who are responsible for both internal and external communications and give strategic advice to the CEO, board and management.
- Lead and build the capability of the Communications team
- Anticipate communications requirements as a trusted advisor to the CEO, Board and Management team
- Lead the Communications workstream of the firm's Strategy and Transformation programme to support strategic and operational change management
- Provide astute external reputational advice and guidance in alignment with business strategies
- Define and implement strategies to protect the firm's reputation and manage day-to-day media relations
- Engage and collaboratively work across Business Services' teams, and practice groups to profile client centric content and support the firm in identified areas of growth
- Execute a thorough leadership strategy
- Work with stakeholders to identify potential topics and trends for external communication
- Manage and coordinate website content
- Drafting and publishing media releases regarding key client matters and firm-wide news
- Maintaining active social media channels for the firm relevant to firm strategy or any related initiatives
- Manage relationships with key media contacts and journalists
- Sourcing/writing/editing and publishing updates and publications/ newsletters about key firm news and new legislation
- Manage and coordinate practice group directory and awards submissions with support from the Communications Advisor
- Deliver media coaching for senior partners and firm media spokespeople
- Monitoring and reporting on external communications activities
- Proactive participant on the Business Continuity Committee to manage external communication in the event of an incident.
About the company
One of New Zealand's top legal firms that value their people. They are energetic, passionate and embrace unwavering commitment to excellence across everything they do.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong media relations experience
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills (attention to detail)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, and desire to work in a team
- A minimum of 10-years working in a PR, media, corporate or professional services environment
- Experience of adhering to in-house writing guidelines
- Proven ability to support communications campaigns and strategies
- Optional (preferred): law firm or other professional services firm experience, including established legal or business media contacts.
What's in it for you?
Along with joining a top tier law firm, you can look forward too:
· Competitive salary (150 - 200k)
· Central modern offices
· Fruit basket