This Australian owned manufacturing company have offices across Australia, they are leaders in their field in the water industry. They distribute, service and maintain their products Australia wide and have a Service team in NSW, VIC, QLD, ACT, SA & NT with over 300 service technicians nationwide.
As the Field Service Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the national service team are providing are providing outstanding service to our existing and new customer base. Reporting directly to the Service Operations Manager, your performance will be measured through customer satisfaction, productivity and efficiencies and maintaining high levels of service, upholding Service Level Agreements.
- Lead and mentor the national service team to meet and exceed customers contractual service level agreements
- Ensure field service work is completed in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
- Account management and identify new business opportunities through service clients
- Review and update company policies and procedures to comply with statutory, customer, utility and local government requirements
- Report to senior management team and customers regarding the status of work and advise on corrective actions were necessary
- Ensure WHS standards are adhered to and achieve zero LTI's and incidents
- Must have previous experience managing a team of field service technicians
- Trade qualification electrical, mechanical or plumbing preferred
- Ability to manage day to day operational challenges, including technical problem solving
- Must display a strong aptitude in effective leadership, and committed to positively influencing the team
- Excellent communications skills and ability to approach, resolve challenges and maximise opportunities
- Strong operational and safety leadership skills
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package including, base plus super, fully maintained company vehicle, on performance bonus, laptop and phone. The role does have some interstate travel requirements.
How to apply
Apply by clicking the link below, for a confidential discussion please contact Peta Seaman on 02 8270 9781