We are recruiting on behalf of a top tier law firm who are known for their insight, innovation and agility to create success for their clients on a global stage.
This reputable law firm possess a strong history spanning close to 200 years and in that time have built an impressive reputation for their focus on innovation and technologies which create opportunities for their clients in a rapidly changing business landscape. Their lawyers are known for being world class who think big and do things differently.
Not only does this practice have an established practice here in Melbourne, they are well known across Australia and have strong partnering relationships throughout the Asia Pacific region and worldwide.
An opportunity for a talented and bright Legal Assistant in this practice's Melbourne office has arisen. This is a Float position assisting across their varying teams.
This Legal Assistant role as a Float would be a foot in the door to a top tier law firm who are renown for little turnover and excellent progression. This practice are known for recruiting candidates in as a Float to teach the processes and systems of the practice and to diversify your experience. In time they would work with you closely to find you a home in one of their successful teams.
To be considered for this Legal Assistant position, you must have:
- Advanced knowledge of Word to produce high quality documentation
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook to organise and manage contacts, email, diary activity, fee earner availability, court/settlement dates, follow-up of outstanding items from fee earners, clients/other parties so that deadlines aren't overlooked
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint to produce high quality presentations
- Awareness of other programs to help ensure the right technology is being used to produce the best result
- Advanced knowledge of CMS or other finance related software to manage expenses, matters, timesheets, client billing and reporting requirements
- A competitive remuneration and bonus structure
- A Scholarship for Individual Excellence Program
- Access to a mentoring program
- An industry-leading 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work practices for staff
- Access to leading industry and business training
- An opportunity to actively contribute to the broader community
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link on this page or contact Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433