This global manufacturing company based on Brisbane's north-side are currently seeking an experienced Procurement Officer to join their team. Boasting a cohesive team environment this organisation pride themselves on the innovative approach and strong team culture.
about the role
Initially a 6 month contract with the potential to extend, this role will see the successful candidate responsible for managing the end to end purchasing process along with distribution and logistics coordination. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager duties will include:
- Sourcing and procuring goods ensuring all specifications, pricing and quality requirements are met
- Ensure all purchased items are delivered on time and accurately invoiced against purchase orders
- Manage and maintain the vendor system using Dynamics AX
- Prepare RFQ's, raise Purchase Orders, maintain deliver schedules
- Liaise with custom brokers, freight forwarders and road transport providers
- Prepare and maintain shipping documents
- Provide Purchasing and Inventory support to all areas of the business
- Other duties as required
To be successful in this role you will be highly motivated possessing a strong communication skill and the ability to negotiate and influence suppliers. Having gained previous experience within a manufacturing environment you have a strong technical aptitude, well developed analytical and problem-solving skills. A methodical thinker, you have the ability to effectively prioritise your day and the ability to perform under pressure within timeframes. Dynamics AX system experience will be highly regarded. To be considered for this new opportunity APPLY NOW!