An international freight forwarding and contract logistics company based in Sydney's South Western Suburbs. Their core business is Sea and Air freight, they also provide 3PL logistics solutions to their clients. Well known for the quality of the service they provide.
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Contract Manager to start immediately, the role will be responsible for the efficient operations of the warehouse through effectively managing warehouse staff. Reporting directly to the National Contract Logistics Manager this position is a full time permanent position, you will have excellent people management skills and experience managing KPI's.
- Manage and lead the warehousing and distribution team
- Set and influence KPI performance across the warehouse/operations team
- Ensure OHS policies are adhered to and manage any OHS requirements
- Ensure freight delivery schedules, and service delivery meet customers expectation and maintain DIFOT
- Manage Inventory, warehouse capacity and physical stock movements for all customers
- Be the face of the logistics team to manage customers challenges or issues within 3PL and freight forwarding customers
- Liaise with Senior management, including sales, customer service and contract logistics to ensure seamless customer support
- Previous experience managing a warehouse/operations team
- Must have experience working with SAP warehouse management system
- Proven experience leading a team, setting targets and goals and managing KPI's
- Experience working in a contract logistics operations and client management
- General knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
- You will be highly organised and motivated with strong prioritisation skills