ASX listed, this Brisbane based business is going from strength to strength. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a technically focused Financial Accountant to join their team in a newly created role.
about the role
Reporting through to the Financial Controller, this fast paced role will see you responsible for a broad range of tasks that will see you working across the full finance function.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:-
- EOM statutory reporting and processing reconciliations, journals etc
- Support the Financial Controller in the preparation of EOY statutory reports for ASX
- Liaising with external auditors
- Assisting with the annual budget and forecast preparation
- Cash-flow forecasting and management
- Asset accounting
- Maintaining the integrity of the GL
- Undertaking tax compliance - BAS, GST, FBT
- Tax effect accounting
- Ad-hoc commercial analysis
- Process and procedure improvement
CA/CPA qualified, you will ideally have experience working within a Big4 or Mid-Tier firm in either Audit or Business Services. You will describe yourself as driven and ambitious with a strong eye for detail ability to problem solve and think on your feet. You will demonstrate a technical knowledge and understanding of the accounting standards. Experience in dealing with ASX businesses is highly regarded.
what's on offer?
This is a well-established ASX business going through an exciting growth phase.
You will be mentored by a strong Financial Controller and encouraged to develop your skills within a complex and fast paced environment. This is a broad role that will give you the opportunity to further develop your commercial skills. Based on the city fringes, they are close to transport and a generous salary (based on experience) is on offer.
If you have the skills this role requires APPLY NOW or if you would like to discuss your suitability for this position, contact Claire Nagle at people2people on 07 3118 0125 for a confidential discussion.