A specialist firm in Property and Planning, this progressive firm offers employees a platform from which to launch your career in the legal industry. Whether you're seeking to become a legal secretary, paralegal or even more, this firm offers the opportunity to develop and encourages professional growth.
Reporting to the Managing Partner and taking day to day direction from the reception, your role involves office administration to support the firm. The hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm with the ability to be flexible.
Some of the main duties will include:
- Archiving of relevant material inside the offices i.e. archiving
- Responsible for mail collection
- Prepare mail (standard Australia post, Registered Post, Express Post, Mail Merges and DX)
- Clean the dishes in the kitchen and ensure the staff kitchens are clean and tidy.
- Filing and Lodging court documents where required
- Reception relief
- Run errands upon request from senior staff (includes but not limited to the purchasing of drinks and snacks for Friday nights, supplies from stationary stores, Australia post and office works)
- Preparation of electronic briefs, printed letters and client briefs
- Opening of new files including performing conflict checks and company / directorship searches
- Obtaining relevant planning policies and controls
- Miscellaneous tasks when directed by the CEO and senior staff
- Working with some of the best property lawyers across Melbourne
- A foot in the door of a fantastic firm in the CBD
- An opportunity to pick up skills in this hands-on role