What do we look for?
We don't have a cookie-cutter mold for great legal secretaries, as one firm's superstar might not fit at all with another organisation, but there are a few things that will make us pay extra attention.
- Stable work history and strong track record with reputable firms
- Experience with top-tier firms supporting at partner level
- Exposure to different areas of law
- Confident communication skills and ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Advanced MS Office skills and fast, accurate typing (including dictaphone)
- Professional presentation and demeanour
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Personality - do people like working with you?
- Solid references - will a recent manager vouch for you?
As a Legal Secretary your duties will include:
- Managing and archiving files
- Photocopying and scanning of documents
- Manage diaries, emails and appointments
- Process end of month billing
- Draft documents and letters
- Prepare and edit documents
- Liaise with clients
- Processing mail, faxes and emails