This prestigious, and above all, well-respected ASX listed company based in the heart of Brisbane's CBD has a newly created position for a Junior Accountant to join their group finance team. This company has enjoyed stable growth and a consistent team. Fast-paced with definite career path prospects, our client is a breeding ground for talented accountants.
About the role
Working within the group finance team, this is a business critical role to assist the Group Financial Accountant in all areas relating to the global reporting. This is a varied role that will offer you exposure to all aspects of accounting including: Financial Accounting, Tax and Treasury.
Your duties will include:-
- Assist in the reporting, consolidation and analysis of financial results
- Support internal and external audit processes and compliance with Accounting Standards
- Bank reconciliations
- Completion of consolidation entries using Hyperion
- Assist with EOM and EOY reporting
- Assist with statutory and management reporting
- Cashflow reporting
- Other adhoc duties as required
Either CA / CPA qualified (or studying towards), you will ideally have a background in Big 4 or mid-tier Audit or Business services, working on large clients within complex, multisite environments and foreign currency transactions. Experience of consolidation systems, similar to Hyperion would be a distinctive advantage. You will have a hands-on attitude, and the ability to think of the bigger picture.
A willingness to learn and get involved in projects is also essential. SAP experience coupled with strong Excel skills will be highly regarded.
What's on offer?
- Work for an ASX listed employer of choice with Global operations
- An exceptional opportunity for someone looking to make their first move from Public Practice (Big 4 or mid-tier) into commerce
- Extensive opportunities to develop your career long term
- Strong mentoring and an encouraging team environment
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for APPLY NOW, or call Claire Nagle at people2people on 07 3118 0125 or 0432 365 865 for a confidential discussion on your suitability for this role.
To apply for this role please follow the apply now button or for a confidential discussion please contact me on the number below