As the last few weeks of the year approach and the Christmas holidays are in sight, please don’t let that put you off your search for your new role in the New Year.
As a recruitment consultant, responsible for the recruitment or permanent roles in legal support, we are still busy, the jobs are still coming through and interviews are taking place with law firms across Sydney.
As the Christmas songs are playing and festivities are happening with parties, it’s understandable that the spirit is here, and job seekers may not exactly be focusing on their job search. However, in my experience over the last couple of years, recruitment is still happening!
My advice would be:
- Keep applying – there are plenty of active jobs listed on our website
- Commit to interviews – don’t put it off until the new year, now is the time to get ahead within this competitive market
- Watch our videos posted speaking about the roles we are advertising and are attached at the top of the advertisements.
- Pick up the phone and call to introduce yourself along with your application. This is especially important in the legal market
- Follow our social media accounts for frequent updates; LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter & Instagram accounts!
- For existing job seekers, let your recruitment consultant know if you will be overseas during the festive period and not contactable, so we can arrange interviews with available line managers.
- For those of you on the hunt for that permanent move for 2019, be sure it’s what you really want and be ready for that change in the new year, the next step in your career!
- Finally, if your circumstances change and you decide to pause your job search, always let us know. Never burn your bridges, as you may wish to recommence your job search again in the future.
Enjoy your festive season and I hope you feel reenergised for the year ahead.