- You meet someone for the first time and your conversation starts to sound awkwardly like an interview!
- You start building a case for why your family and friends are perfect for that vacancy you can't find anyone for.
- You answer calls from friends with your name and 'How can I help you?'
- You cannot go anywhere without your mobile phone.
- You mix with other recruiters, all of whom are speaking at the same time.
- You think an office (in Australia) which is 75% British and Irish is not unusual.
- You walk down the street and you are sure you have interviewed at least every third person.
- You can list the HR manager of any company you know.
- You drive down a highway and see a billboard and start to think about who you know at that company.
- You meet someone in a bar and the conversation seems too much like a client visit. (You are thinking, 'Is this a temp or permanent assignment?!')
- 'Touching someone's base' means you are networking.
- You can get someone off the phone – whether it's a friend, family, client or candidate – in two swift sentences and not offend anyone.
- You have read this and think it's a bit naff.
- Success is what you live for!
over 2 years ago
In this article:
10 Reasons to Live and Work in Perth
Perth doesn’t get as much credit as our other Australian capital cities, but ...
What Kind of Service Are You Getting from Your Recruiter?
Goodbye recruitment cowboys/girls. With the recruitment market picking up and...
Why Do Recruiters Always Insist on Calling Me Rather Than Emailing Me?
When I was an internal recruiter I always used to wonder why recruiters calle...
10 Common Errors You Must Remove from Your Resume and Why
Within approximately 6 seconds your resume will be scanned, screened and scru...
The 10 Reasons Why I Choose to Work Between Christmas and New Year
I say it every year; that the next year I will have the traditional break bet...
Billing Manager to Board, Now What Do I Do?!
I’ve had the most incredible opportunities during my almost 12 years with peo...
It Will Not Kill You to Disconnect!
I have just returned from 9 days without any email, phone or internet connect...
A Year in Recruitment
I commenced working with people2people in January 2017 – and as I write this ...