- You meet someone for the first time and your conversation starts to sound awkwardly like an interview!
- You start building a case for why your family and friends are perfect for that vacancy you can't find anyone for.
- You answer calls from friends with your name and 'How can I help you?'
- You cannot go anywhere without your mobile phone.
- You mix with other recruiters, all of whom are speaking at the same time.
- You think an office (in Australia) which is 75% British and Irish is not unusual.
- You walk down the street and you are sure you have interviewed at least every third person.
- You can list the HR manager of any company you know.
- You drive down a highway and see a billboard and start to think about who you know at that company.
- You meet someone in a bar and the conversation seems too much like a client visit. (You are thinking, 'Is this a temp or permanent assignment?!')
- 'Touching someone's base' means you are networking.
- You can get someone off the phone – whether it's a friend, family, client or candidate – in two swift sentences and not offend anyone.
- You have read this and think it's a bit naff.
- Success is what you live for!
over 2 years ago
In this article:
First Impressions DO Count!
Being in the Brisbane recruitment industry, I have met my fair share of peopl...
Social Media and Your Job Search
With job vacancies up almost 10% on last year, the employment market here in ...
Top Tips to Prepare for Your Interview With Me
If you haven’t worked with a recruiter before and don’t know what to expect f...
How Sick is Too Sick?
With winter here in Australia getting near, the workforce feels it more than ...
Workplace Initiatives Driving Workplace Culture
Employee wellbeing is a very hot topic at the moment and many organisations a...
How to Tackle Being Overqualified When Applying for a New Job!
If you have been in the job market on more than one occasion in your career, ...
Let’s Get Real About What Is Important to You. Things to Consider Before You Interview with Your Recruiter.
When looking for a new opportunity, there are a lot of factors that come into...
Thinking About a Career in Recruitment? Why I Joined people2people and Why You Should Too
At the time of writing, I am coming up to being with people2people for 12 mon...