- You meet someone for the first time and your conversation starts to sound awkwardly like an interview!
- You start building a case for why your family and friends are perfect for that vacancy you can't find anyone for.
- You answer calls from friends with your name and 'How can I help you?'
- You cannot go anywhere without your mobile phone.
- You mix with other recruiters, all of whom are speaking at the same time.
- You think an office (in Australia) which is 75% British and Irish is not unusual.
- You walk down the street and you are sure you have interviewed at least every third person.
- You can list the HR manager of any company you know.
- You drive down a highway and see a billboard and start to think about who you know at that company.
- You meet someone in a bar and the conversation seems too much like a client visit. (You are thinking, 'Is this a temp or permanent assignment?!')
- 'Touching someone's base' means you are networking.
- You can get someone off the phone – whether it's a friend, family, client or candidate – in two swift sentences and not offend anyone.
- You have read this and think it's a bit naff.
- Success is what you live for!
about 3 years ago
In this article:
How Your Resume Should Look in 2019
As I write this, the new year is just around the corner and it’s an opportuni...
Tips for the Festive Season
As the last few weeks of the year approach and the Christmas holidays are in ...
How to Use Facebook to Help Find a Job
I live in Western Sydney and am a member of various buy, sell pages in my loc...
New Year? New You? New Job?
These are famous last words for most people on January 1! Feeling sorry for y...
Am I going to See You Again? The 2nd Interview
I've been in the recruitment and HR field for many years and I always remembe...
What Are the Reasons for Changing Jobs? A Guide for Employers
We hear hundreds of reasons why people choose to leave their job. And while a...
How to Catch and Retain Pink Unicorns
In an endeavour to build the best company possible, I am in constant search f...
Hiring Two Friends Rather Than Two Strangers
I was scrolling down on LinkedIn a month ago when I saw a post from an HR Man...