- You meet someone for the first time and your conversation starts to sound awkwardly like an interview!
- You start building a case for why your family and friends are perfect for that vacancy you can't find anyone for.
- You answer calls from friends with your name and 'How can I help you?'
- You cannot go anywhere without your mobile phone.
- You mix with other recruiters, all of whom are speaking at the same time.
- You think an office (in Australia) which is 75% British and Irish is not unusual.
- You walk down the street and you are sure you have interviewed at least every third person.
- You can list the HR manager of any company you know.
- You drive down a highway and see a billboard and start to think about who you know at that company.
- You meet someone in a bar and the conversation seems too much like a client visit. (You are thinking, 'Is this a temp or permanent assignment?!')
- 'Touching someone's base' means you are networking.
- You can get someone off the phone – whether it's a friend, family, client or candidate – in two swift sentences and not offend anyone.
- You have read this and think it's a bit naff.
- Success is what you live for!
almost 3 years ago
In this article:
Mistakes You Make With Temps - Part 2
You think that Temp to Perm is a safe way to ‘try before you buy’ We often en...
Mistakes You Make With Temps - Part 1
There has been long held and mostly mistaken ideas about hiring temporary sta...
Do you Have a Mentor?
I often advise the people I meet who are looking to advance their careers (or...
If it Sounds Too Good to Be True...
I am not being a Grinch and I am well aware that good things do happen e.g. p...
How to prepare for your next move as a Legal Secretary
Specialising in Legal Support recruitment, I meet with job seekers every day,...
Tips for Managing Your Resignation
So you’ve successfully made it through the recruitment process and received a...
Why Did You Leave That Job?
"One reason I shall reveal however is that working two days a week didn't giv...
Is a 4 Day Working Week the Way of The Future?
Let me start by saying that since returning to work after the birth of my thi...