- You meet someone for the first time and your conversation starts to sound awkwardly like an interview!
- You start building a case for why your family and friends are perfect for that vacancy you can't find anyone for.
- You answer calls from friends with your name and 'How can I help you?'
- You cannot go anywhere without your mobile phone.
- You mix with other recruiters, all of whom are speaking at the same time.
- You think an office (in Australia) which is 75% British and Irish is not unusual.
- You walk down the street and you are sure you have interviewed at least every third person.
- You can list the HR manager of any company you know.
- You drive down a highway and see a billboard and start to think about who you know at that company.
- You meet someone in a bar and the conversation seems too much like a client visit. (You are thinking, 'Is this a temp or permanent assignment?!')
- 'Touching someone's base' means you are networking.
- You can get someone off the phone – whether it's a friend, family, client or candidate – in two swift sentences and not offend anyone.
- You have read this and think it's a bit naff.
- Success is what you live for!
almost 2 years ago
In this article:
6 Top Tips for The Perfect Sales Call!
Marketing hour, sales calls, prospecting and cold calls. Even if you’re highl...
Don't Put Off Good People by Asking Them The Wrong Questions!
What do you do when you attend an interview and the interviewer asks you real...
Why Are You REALLY Looking to Leave?
If you’re looking for a new job and you take the step of heading to an interv...
Are You Busy?
Busy. I cringe when I hear that word. Everyone seems to be ‘busy’ these days ...
Location, Location, Location!!!
As a recruiter, one thing that we always question is, what locations you are ...
Chasing your Consultant
Working in recruitment for nearly 3 years has taught me many things. It’s tau...
I am SO Emotional!
Humans have emotions and sometimes as humans, we sometimes have emotional res...
Social Media Policies, Defamation and Freedom of Speech
Good old freedom of speech. It’s become a mine field of extremism in recent t...