- You meet someone for the first time and your conversation starts to sound awkwardly like an interview!
- You start building a case for why your family and friends are perfect for that vacancy you can't find anyone for.
- You answer calls from friends with your name and 'How can I help you?'
- You cannot go anywhere without your mobile phone.
- You mix with other recruiters, all of whom are speaking at the same time.
- You think an office (in Australia) which is 75% British and Irish is not unusual.
- You walk down the street and you are sure you have interviewed at least every third person.
- You can list the HR manager of any company you know.
- You drive down a highway and see a billboard and start to think about who you know at that company.
- You meet someone in a bar and the conversation seems too much like a client visit. (You are thinking, 'Is this a temp or permanent assignment?!')
- 'Touching someone's base' means you are networking.
- You can get someone off the phone – whether it's a friend, family, client or candidate – in two swift sentences and not offend anyone.
- You have read this and think it's a bit naff.
- Success is what you live for!
over 2 years ago
In this article:
Should You Leave Your Job Before Having a New One?
No doubt, you will have received an abundance of advice about whether this is...
Does Pineapple Belong on Pizza?
This has been a heated controversial topic for many over social media these p...
Why I Returned to people2people
Perth is a little ol’, isolated city…so I always knew I wanted to broaden my ...
Who Are YOU in The Zoo?
There’s one of a kind in every team. The serious ‘nerdy” type, the office clo...
Do You Really Need to Hire Another Employee?
Many companies can fall into the trap of believing that growth (and therefore...
Hey, Wanna Buy Some Time?
Your boss walks into your office and asks “are you busy?” If you answer no, t...
Beware of Cash in Hand!
‘HC Driver Wanted’ (weekends) Western Sydney Looking for a driver to fill in ...
How to Ask for More Time Before Accepting a Job Offer
Sometimes a recruitment process goes quickly and easily, where from go to woe...