- You meet someone for the first time and your conversation starts to sound awkwardly like an interview!
- You start building a case for why your family and friends are perfect for that vacancy you can't find anyone for.
- You answer calls from friends with your name and 'How can I help you?'
- You cannot go anywhere without your mobile phone.
- You mix with other recruiters, all of whom are speaking at the same time.
- You think an office (in Australia) which is 75% British and Irish is not unusual.
- You walk down the street and you are sure you have interviewed at least every third person.
- You can list the HR manager of any company you know.
- You drive down a highway and see a billboard and start to think about who you know at that company.
- You meet someone in a bar and the conversation seems too much like a client visit. (You are thinking, 'Is this a temp or permanent assignment?!')
- 'Touching someone's base' means you are networking.
- You can get someone off the phone – whether it's a friend, family, client or candidate – in two swift sentences and not offend anyone.
- You have read this and think it's a bit naff.
- Success is what you live for!
almost 3 years ago
In this article:
How to Get the Most Out of Your Recruitment Consultant
I find myself reflecting, how is it that I have had enormous success (recruit...
Can I Give a Temp a Bonus or an Award?
Yes. Yes, you can. You can offer to pay a “one-off” bonus for exceptional per...
What You Should Look for When Choosing Your Recruiter
Let’s be honest, the recruitment industry is filled with a lot of transaction...
Why I Love My Job
People management is a hard yet rewarding gig. The many variables that come i...
Why You Should Hire & Fire Based on Values
In today’s corporate world there is a lot of talk about company values. Both ...
A Push-Up a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
With summer just around the corner, I felt it was time to write a blog around...
The Importance of Marketing Candidates Marketing Themselves
Many of the marketing candidates I speak with consider themselves branding ex...
Why people2people is Sponsoring the ACON Honour Awards?
It was a bright and quite crisp Sunday morning and the digital marketing mana...