- You meet someone for the first time and your conversation starts to sound awkwardly like an interview!
- You start building a case for why your family and friends are perfect for that vacancy you can't find anyone for.
- You answer calls from friends with your name and 'How can I help you?'
- You cannot go anywhere without your mobile phone.
- You mix with other recruiters, all of whom are speaking at the same time.
- You think an office (in Australia) which is 75% British and Irish is not unusual.
- You walk down the street and you are sure you have interviewed at least every third person.
- You can list the HR manager of any company you know.
- You drive down a highway and see a billboard and start to think about who you know at that company.
- You meet someone in a bar and the conversation seems too much like a client visit. (You are thinking, 'Is this a temp or permanent assignment?!')
- 'Touching someone's base' means you are networking.
- You can get someone off the phone – whether it's a friend, family, client or candidate – in two swift sentences and not offend anyone.
- You have read this and think it's a bit naff.
- Success is what you live for!
over 3 years ago
In this article:
Why Do You Love Your Job?
Romantic Relationships vs Your Job The relationship with your job is a bit li...
How to Get a Job in Australia with a Working Holiday Visa
As I am working in recruitment and have a working holiday visa (WHV), I am of...
Why Do People Eat (A Lot Of!) Dumplings for Chinese New Year?
Dumplings... One of the most traditional but representative foods in China is...
5 Valuable Skills for Success in the Workplace
Effective time management. In the workplace, an individual has with many dead...
How to Become a Successful Recruiter
Recruiters are viewed as salespeople, as you're selling your candidate to you...
Personal Development Is Necessary for Professional Development
Personal development requires a constant reflection and questioning of oursel...
How to Attract Top Performing Legal Assistants in Perth
When our Legal candidates come and register with people2people for a new care...
Throwback to the 2018 Recruitment International Awards
2018 was a great year! In April, we attended the Recruitment International Aw...