Why on earth would you use a temp when you can hire permanent staff? Plenty of reasons! Here are a quick fire sixteen:
- The work doesn't wait to be completed. You get immediate help.
- Try before you buy! Check out your staff before you hire them permanently.
- Don't worry if you don't have approval for permanent staff; you can still get the job done by hiring a temp.
- Make sure you keep the wheels turning, even if someone is sick.
- When staff have annual leave, you can still ensure deadlines are met.
- If you know that your business goes in cycles, for example harvest season, you can manage your variable costs.
- Legislation requires you keep a job open for those staff taking parental leave. The easiest way is to hire a temp for the duration.
- That horrible job that just never gets done can be sorted out quickly with temp staff.
- Reward your best staff with project work while you get a temp to sort out the menial stuff.
- If you don't have the skills in house, then hire them in. For example, tax or digital design.
- Bogged down in a permanent recruitment process that takes months? A temp can solve the immediate problem while you secure the best permanent solution.
- Total cost versus the rate. By not having the right resources in house, the total cost of any project could be much more than the hourly rate for a temp.
- Outsource the risk associated with casual and temporary staff to an agency.
- Let an agency handle all the hassle of having your payroll processed. All you get is an invoice once a week.
- Support your inhouse talent with externally sourced skills. Just having the support can build team morale.
- Emergency! Have someone in the seat fast and ideally within the hour.
If you need a temporary solution, the people2people team can access quality talent, fast!